Saturday, July 11, 2015

I know I am at the Laser Masters


I arrived in Kingston and found it to be a lovely little town with an excellent sports facility - but as an ex-Olympic site that is not surprising.

I also knew without a doubt that I had arrived at the Laser MASTERS event.

The area where the boats park is grassy area with a little playground in one part. I parked my boat next to the playground area and there were several children playing in it, including one little boy, perhaps 5 or 6, with his grandmother watching. She was talking to him about his upcoming birthday - on July 19, which is mine also.  So I went over to him and said to him and his grandmother that we had the same birthday, although I was a bit older than him.

He looked at me and said, "yeah, I think you must be 200 years old".

Welcome to the Masters.

1 comment:

  1. If you look 200 years old now, think how you will look after a week of Serious Laser Masters Worlds Sailing. At least 300?

    On a more serious note, it's good to see your GGM Standard fleet is getting bigger. Only 9 last year and up to 16 this year I think. Some of my GGM friends from North America seem to have switched from Radials to Standards this year. I guess it's a reflection that very strong winds are rare at Kingston?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...