Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Was Dinghy


We have read a lot about the travails of the Laser, its trademark, its baby-pram owner, etc.  The blogosphere  is abuzz with speculation about what might happen to the name, the brand, the Olympic status, even the boat itself.

I have it on good authority that a serious contender to replace the Laser is a radical new dinghy from the UK that actually traces its origins centuries ago.

The exact design is not yet unveiled, but reports are that a festive announcement/launch is planned very soon so that people can take it for a spin during the upcoming holiday season.

Amidst all the tightly guarded secrecy, I have only been able to glean one small nugget of information - the name is rumored to be the "Was".  A strange name, but perhaps we will learn more soon about its origins.

In any case, I look forward to its arrival and during my holiday plans I definitely plan to go Was Sailing.

1 comment:

  1. Groan! And I never saw it coming until I clicked on the link.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...